BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, December 24, 2011

New Project - Starting a Rustic Country Dining Table

Will start this project tomorrow (weather permitting). I would love to get it done and in place before next Friday. Here is the official before photo. BTW - we sold out existing dining set so we are 100% committed now! Since the blog site just started I will try this out. I'll try to post updates and pictures along the way. This is actually our "dining set to be". Just for good measure I put it in the dining room. Actually it was raining and my wife is starting to think I'm turning our house into an indoor lumber yard. 


courtesy ana white
Here's the photo of what it "should" look like when it's done. I'll most likely make the bench later to go along with it but the chairs will definitely be different. 


Update - Dec 27th... 

Yesterday it warmed up so I got to work on the table. Cut the pieces and had to break in the chisels. Once everything was cut I moved it all inside to put it together. Today I cut the top boards and finished up the construction. I spent about 3 hours sanding it since I am not set up with a jointer or planer. Then it was time for a thorough cleaning and the stain. Should be able to finish it all tomorrow. 























No comments:

Post a Comment